Creative Design for Hair & Make-up (L3)
On this level 3 course you will gain a sound understanding of the skills and attributes needed to work in any salon whilst developing your own salon skills in both hairdressing and beauty therapy services.
This course is practical and experiential, with a strong focus on creative design. Students will develop and practice their skills in NMIT’s hairdressing training salon and the beauty training clinic, working with clients where appropriate.
This level 3 programme has been designed to build on and extend skills gained in either the Trades Academy Hairdressing (Level 2) or Beauty Therapy (level 2) programmes.
Time: 9am to 2.30pm Fridays
Location: NMIT Nelson
Pathways + Opportunities
- Industry Employment/ Apprenticeships and ITO Training
- L3 Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support)
- L4 Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist)
- L4 Certificate in Beauty Therapy
- L5 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Beauty Sales Representative
Health Resort Employee
Senior Hair Stylist
Colour Technician/Hair Colourist