Do you want to be responsible for the incredible visual effects in films, video games and advertising? Create the future, and your own on this practical and fun course.
Get a taste of what it would be like to work in the gaming industry! Spend time in our state-of-the-art CGI and animation lab that’s designed to look and feel like a real studio.
This is an exciting opportunity to use industry software applications to create characters in an online gaming environment. You will learn how to work with a drawing tablet to create matte art and sci-fi concept art landscapes and how to create low-poly models. Gain experience with different digital tools, industry processes and techniques.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of methods and ideas from established practice appropriate to design.
- Use drawing to demonstrate an understanding of conventions appropriate to design and to sculpture.
- Develop ideas in a related series of drawings appropriate to established design practice
- Use drawing methods to apply knowledge of conventions appropriate to design.
Note: Some unit standards may change. Final information on the standards specific to your course will be available prior to starting your programme.
If circumstances change there could be mixed models of delivery e.g online, face to face one day per week or block options.
Level 2 and 3
Starts: February 2024
9am to 2.30pm Fridays
Te Pūkenga NMIT Nelson
Pathways + Opportunities
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4) – Art and Design
- Bachelor of Computer-Generated Imagery (CGI)
- Bachelor of Arts, Media and Design
- Diploma in Animation (Level 5)
- Diploma in Animation (Level 6)
- 3D Animator/Digital Artist
- Game Artist
- Game Designer
- Environment Modeler
- Technical Director
- 3DTracker/Match Mover
- Digital/Matte Painter
- Surfacing/Texture Painter
- Art Director