Art, Design & Digital Technology
This Level 2/3 programme will introduce you to Art, Design & Digital Technology in a practical and fun way.
You will get to spend time working in the NMIT art studio and graphics design department gaining skills for a start-up product design business, developing software controlled products. As part of this programme you will learn different arts and digital design techniques including print making, graphics, 3D or animation, photography and video.
This qualification could be the first step in a career or a spring board for further study into IT or Art & Design.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use the main features and functions of a presentation application for a purpose.
- Produce digital images for a range of digital media.
- Use the main features of an HTML editor to create a website/web-based app.
- Develop ideas in a related series of drawings appropriate to established printmaking practice.
- Produce artwork and demonstrate skills appropriate to a visual arts cultural context.
- Use advanced techniques to develop a digital media outcome.
- Implement complex procedures to produce a specified digital media outcome.
Note: Some unit standards may change. Final information on the standards specific to your course will be available prior to starting your programme.
If circumstances change there could be a mix models of delivery e.g online, face to face one day per week or block options.
Level 2 and 3
Starts: February 2021
9am to 2.30pm Fridays
Pathways + Opportunities
- Certificate in Information Essentials (L4)
- Certificate in Design Studio (L5)
- Diploma in Arts & Design (L5)
- Diploma in Web Development & Design (L5)
- Diploma in Animation (L5)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Generated Imagery
- Bachelor of Arts, Media and Design
- IT Developer
- Service Desk Administrator
- Social Media Manager
- Application Developer
- Web Content Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Database Administrator
- Network Technician
- Marketing and Promotion
Ben would like to study arts and visual design at NMIT fulltime in the future, so when he heard about the new Art, Design & Digital Technology Trades programme he thought why not give it a go. Ben could see that this would be a great opportunity to have a look at the NMIT campus and develop skills that he can use to go into future study. Long term, his dream career would be working in Japan as an illustrator and animator.
The Trades course has definitely lived up to his expectations. “It’s actually surpassed my expectations - I love it here. The first day that I saw the facilities I was amazed. It’s a big campus but easy to find your way around. We have a small class and so we get lots of one-to-one support and attention from our tutors.”
The style of learning has been a highlight for Ben. “The tutors have a good sense of humour and are very patient. At school everyone in the class has to do the same thing, but here we get to choose our own project and choose our own way of learning. We get to set the pace and the tutors are there to guide us.”
Ben would definitely recommend this Trades programme to others. In fact he says “You’ll regret it if you don’t give it a go!”