Art, Design & Digital Technology
Have you got a passion for arts, design and digital technology? How about exploring creativity in a practical and fun way.
You will get to spend time working in the NMIT Art, Design and Digital Technology studios, experimenting with different materials, processes and techniques. Students have the choice between two Arts, Design and Digital Technologies programmes.
(1) Arts, Design and Digital Technologies 2D
This course focus on two dimensional art & design with content which may include:
Printmaking – monotype, intaglio, lino cutting, screen printing T-Shirts, photography, stop-motion, cinemagraphs, Adobe Photoshop, design, drawing, painting, paper making, transferring, paper marbling, graphic design, Adobe Illustrator and laser cutting.
(2) Arts, Design and Digital Technologies 3D
This course focus on three dimensional art & design with content which may include:
Sewing, clay, textiles, weaving, sculpture, 3D printing, object design, sculpture, paper mache wire work, woodwork, interior design, fashion, lazer cutting, model making, metal work, working with lights and packaging design.
This qualification could be the first step in a career or a spring board for further study into Art and Design.
On completion of Arts, Design and Digital Technologies 2D you will be able to:
- Produce a resolved work that demonstrates control of skills appropriate to cultural conventions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of methods and ideas from established practice appropriate to printmaking.
- Use drawing to demonstrate understanding of conventions appropriate to printmaking.
- Produce a media product to meet the requirements of a brief.
On completion of Arts, Design and Digital Technologies 3D you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of methods and ideas from established practice appropriate to design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of methods and ideas from established practice appropriate to sculpture.
- Use drawing to demonstrate understanding of conventions appropriate to design.
- Produce a resolved work that demonstrates purposeful control of skills appropriate to a visual arts cultural context.
Note: Some unit standards may change. Final information on the standards specific to your course will be available prior to starting your programme.
If circumstances change there could be a mix models of delivery e.g online, face to face one day per week or block options.
Level 2 and 3
Starts: February 2022
9am to 2.30pm Fridays
Pathways + Opportunities
- Certificate in Design Studio (L5)
- Diploma in Arts and Design (L5)
- Diploma in Animation (L5)
- Bachelor of Computer Generated Imagery
- Bachelor of Arts, Media and Design
- Graphic Designer
- Marketing and Promotion
- Social Media Manager
- Fashion Designer
- Occupational Therapist
- Interior Designer
- Art Director
- Media Producer
- Animator/Digital Artist
Ben would like to study arts and visual design at NMIT fulltime in the future, so when he heard about the new Art, Design & Digital Technology Trades programme he thought why not give it a go. Ben could see that this would be a great opportunity to have a look at the NMIT campus and develop skills that he can use to go into future study. Long term, his dream career would be working in Japan as an illustrator and animator.
The Trades course has definitely lived up to his expectations. “It’s actually surpassed my expectations - I love it here. The first day that I saw the facilities I was amazed. It’s a big campus but easy to find your way around. We have a small class and so we get lots of one-to-one support and attention from our tutors.”
The style of learning has been a highlight for Ben. “The tutors have a good sense of humour and are very patient. At school everyone in the class has to do the same thing, but here we get to choose our own project and choose our own way of learning. We get to set the pace and the tutors are there to guide us.”
Ben would definitely recommend this Trades programme to others. In fact he says “You’ll regret it if you don’t give it a go!”