The Trades Academy in conjunction with the Electrical Training Company Ltd (ETCO) are offering a brand new electrical programme option in 2024.
Qualified electricians are in high demand and the expertise of the tutors could open up unique opportunities and launch your career.
This is a hands-on practical introduction to the electrical industry where you could work towards credits on entering an electrical apprenticeship.
You will have access to the best industry connections throughout your study with expert mentors, tutors with ties to top companies (employers) in the electrical field.
Get ahead of the competition and preview your future in the electrical industry.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Perform manual soldering and de-soldering procedures for electrotechnology work.
- Test electrical appliances for safety.
- Work safely with electrical equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrical calculations and theory, test instruments, and components of electrical equipment.
- Use cutting tools and machines in the performance of electrical installation and maintenance.
- Demonstrate practical application of theory and legislation for electrical appliance servicepersons (endorsed).
- Contribute with a team or group which has an objective.
Note: Some unit standards may change. Final information on the standards specific to your course will be available prior to starting your programme.
If circumstances change there could be mixed models of delivery e.g online, face to face one day per week or block options.
Levels 2 and 3
Starts: February 2024
9am to 2.30pm Fridays + 1 week in Christchurch (TBC)
Nelson and Christchurch (TBC)
Pathways + Opportunities
- NZ Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Level 3 Theory)
- NZ Certificate (Level 4) in Electrical Engineering
- Telecommunications Fibre
- Home Automation
- Data and Communication
- Fire Alarms
- Security Alarms
- Electrical Appliance Service Person
- Electrical Appliance Service Technician