Predator Control & Conservation
If you’re interested in conservation and would rather be in the outdoors than in the classroom, then this is the programme for you.
The programme is designed to introduce students to predator control programmes and the important role they play in protecting New Zealand’s biodiversity. Students will complete a number of field-based trapping and conservation projects in a range of environments. The programme focus is on developing and understanding of environmental management practices and the technical and personal skills required to effectively participate in field-based environmental management programmes.
Starts: August 2020
4 x four day block courses (includes overnight)
Whenua Iti Outdoors
Pathways + Opportunities
- New Zealand Certificate in Pest Operations – Urban Pest Control (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Conservation (Operations)(Level 4)*
- Kaitiaki Whenua Trainee Ranger*
- New Zealand Diploma in Environmental Management (Level 5)
- Bachelor of Environmental Management
*Available at NMIT
Hunter / Trapper
Pest Control Technician
Park Ranger and other roles with the Department of Conservation ((DOC)